Friday, August 1, 2014

Ramblin' On...and Moving Sale


Dearest friends, family, loved ones and art enthusiasts! 

There's some big news happening in the world of Art by Anna Ayres and I'm so very excited to be announcing this to you: I'm moving on to southern climates in a couple of short weeks. After much planning, deliberation and decision-making, I plan to move to St. Petersburg, FL to continue painting and to pursue an education in Social Work. Although enrollment in an education capacity has yet to be decided, that is the main goal!

I wanted to share this with you all as it is only by your guidance, support and continued interest that I came upon the finding that true art breathes, lives and grows in its capacity to be shared amongst us. It is with this found truth that I will be journeying southward to a new, hotter palette of ocean breezes and palm trees where I hope to combine this artistic inclination with helping other people in whatever capacity that might be. I am indebted and so humbly grateful to all of you and this Vermont community which continues to give me nothing short of love and encouragement. It is by your graces that over the past 10 years I have been lucky enough to discover what it is to call oneself an artist and to gain a sense of how that fits in this world. Regardless of fear, doubt and hesitations I may have experienced through this process, your consistent encouragement helped me to gain strength and autonomy as a person and as an artist and it will continue to guide me forward courageously. Thank you so very much! 

All this being said, tomorrow marks the last of my art markets for this season. I am perpetually intrigued by the uncertainties of the future, and thus like to humor myself with thoughts that Vermont summers will not become something of my past, but for now, I am closing this chapter of my art career. Tomorrow, from 9 am till 2:30 pm, in Burlington, VT's City Hall Park, all of my remaining inventory will be up for grabs at bargain prices! In addition, any remaining originals are available in a make-me-an-offer sort of a vein. One confliction I have with being an artist is that I make things. Which accumulate. But I like to keep my load light. My biggest hope in being a painter is to be able to create something in which I feel a slice of love and then to share it with someone else who gains a sense of that love from whatever it is that I made. For me, it is simply about finding a good home for these creations. If you are looking to adopt, do not hesitate to contact me with any budget in mind. I plan on bringing only my print and card inventory with me to the market tomorrow. The original paintings that are available for sale are all listed on my website at ArtbyAnnaAyres.com under "Available Originals." I will be posting these images to Facebook as well, so if you see one you love or have always had your eye on, or feel would make a great birthday gift for a loved one, this is the perfect opportunity to scoop it up. Just holler and we will work something out.

This is also a superb time to talk about commission work if you are interested in collaborating with me. I would love to schedule some new projects to work on this fall once landed in Florida! 

Okey dokey, I think that is everything for now. Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions, concerns, ideas, etc. I am so excited for this next step in life and look forward to connecting with you all in any capacity. And as always, thank you for reading.

Warm wishes, 


Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment